So, this one was a bit of an ambitious meal for someone just starting out. Both recipes included sauces you make, and instead of subbing them out, I went ahead and made the Italian Spice, Spicy Italian Dressing, and Barbeque Sauce. When I had those, I started the meal. By the end of it, I’d lost track of how long anything had taken.
There’s a bunch of substitutions in this one, because I thought I had spices that I didn’t. I’ll probably have to make the barbeque sauce again once I use this up, just to know how it’s supposed to taste.
Oh, and I did remember to take the chicken out to defrost that morning, but apparently a day in the fridge was not enough. I still had to stick them in the microvwave.
- No onion powder in anything, because I thought I had it and didn’t.
- Whole rosemary for crushed rosemary.
- Half Dijon mustard, because I ran out part way through.
- Crushed tomatoes for tomato puree.
- Coconut oil for olive oil in the food, because I used the last of it on the dressing.
- Cayenne pepper for crushed red peppers, because I thought I had them and didn’t.
- Green onions for shallots, because the store didn’t have them.
- Making the sauces on the same day.
- Didn’t check to see if the chicken was defrosted when I started making the sauces.
- Taking the food out at just over the time listed. I like my bacon crispier than it turned out.
Prep Time: No idea. I was making multiple pieces at once and lost track.
Cooking Time: Pretty much the same, though at least 20 minutes.
Total Time (start to plate): 60 minutes.